Friday, March 16, 2007

week 9: My palette

Posted by PicasaI had to reinvent the wheel. In my post below, I showed how I modified the CSS of my blog to incorporate three colors from a picture that showed my emotion (Go Heels!) I forgot to actually create and post the palette I used. I went back to the picture, used color picker, and of course I couldn't remember exactly where I had picked the colors, so I got close -- you will notice that the color hexadecimals are not the same as listed in the post, but they are close enough for government work. I went into Photoshop, watched Serena's tutorial, and voila, palette above.
UPDATE: I am sort sort of moron. I had posted the exact hexadecimals for my three colors in an earlier post. In photoshop I just needed to paste these into color picker and I would have had the EXACT colors. Oh, well.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Tar Heels sure love their Carolina Blue! It is a nice color. I'm having a hard time - I am part Tar Heel, since I am in this course -yet, I paid more money to the Terps for my kid's education! And my undergraduate degree is from Penn State. Yikes!

gercohenJoMC712 said...

It wasn't until I passed the point of no return that I saw Seren's comment somewhere in the assignment that when people were lazy they used Carolina blue. Or something to that effect. :)

Lars said...

Designing web and other material at UNC for a living, I must say that the Blue and Gray trap is always ready to snap shut on me. Sometimes I really have no choice either: things simply have to "conform to code." When I started in this position I proposed a few designs which used other color schemes and was almost booed out of committee meetings. Every color scheme I tried evoked another institution somewhere, and finally I got in line and did the BG thang...Even in my latest design I was asked to change a few bright orange bullets (which I had put in for contrast) so as not to make people think Clemson...