Sunday, January 21, 2007

Week 3 assignment starter

The week 3 assignment is:
Visual Blogging - emotional design
Find three examples of emotional design "objects"

Important: these must be emotional design as defined by our readings. The family _____ that you inherited from your grandfather is not acceptable. Neither is your bicycle.
Post images (photos, drawings, etc) of the objects
These objects can be physical objects, such as a watch or a pen; or they can be digital objects, such as a web page or a software interface.
Explain what is emotional in the design. (if the object is only emotional to you, but not anyone else, this is not the correct understanding of emotional design.)
The explanation should be short, 1 paragraph, and should describe the significant design elements as well as the emotion.


I'm going to go ahead and post three emotional design objects that I think qualify, then ruminate on them as the week progresses and our discussion ensues. I'll add the one paragraph explanation later in the week. I reserve the right to change the objects if it looks like my initial emotional feeling was incorrect

UPDATE 1/26/2007. I deleted the shofar from my initial week 3 selections, and substituted the VW Beetle bud vase. The shofar may emerge again as a cultural object

No comments: