Thursday, January 11, 2007

Gerry's first test post -- links and images




The image to the left was a photo of me taken by my son Aaron in July 2001 in the Mekong Delta of Vietnam. I scanned it in and uploaded it to my Geocities account where the picture is hosted, and used the "add an image from the web" feaure of blogger to get the picture to this post. It's much too big, I'll need to edit it later! I see there is an edit image display tutorial which I will look at later.

This is my first test post for JoMC712: Visual Communication and Web Design, spring semester 2007 at UNC-Chapel Hill. For Weeks 1 & 2 we are to create 2 test postings. This test post will have a link, and an image linked from the web (without using Picasa, I'll get to that later in the assignments for this week! In my second test post I will play around with fonts and colors. For JoMC711 last semester I had a class blog and as an offshoot of one of my posts, did a blog on NHL all-star game voting. Both those blogs were done in Wordpress, so I'm hoping the transition to Blogger will be smooth.

No comments: